Friday, June 4, 2010

Acid Attack...

I have been having the worst acid breakthrough and reflux the past week. It has me up every morning at 3 and staying up at least 1-2 hours to get it calmed down again. I miss sleeping on my stomach:-( having to sit up and sleep is not my idea of sweet dreams! Dr. Webb called me in a prescription today so i'm hoping that this will be my answered prayer and stop my mid-morning wake up calls. I have been doing much better with my eating and protein intake lately, just trying to find what taste good and what I can tolerate has been the biggest things. I met with my dietitian Wed. and she gave me a whole bag of protein powder, drink mix, and all my vitamins, b12 and iron which she said I just needed in case I started feeling weak for any reason. I have been eating some tuna, chicken, mac & cheese, hamburger meat and a wide variety of things. So far so good and I haven't had any problems with my "soft" foods:-) If only this acid would go away life would be grand. As to date i'm about 24 pounds down and 2 1/2 weeks out. I have started playing church softball again, it feels so nice to get out and just have fun while getting some exercise in too. Just running with 20 pounds off is amazing the difference you can feel...I don't really have to many other reports I know I need to post my pre-op picture which hopefully I will get to later tonight or tomorrow but I promise it's coming. Looking forward to the losing side even more!


No comments:

Post a Comment