Sunday, June 13, 2010

Swimming w/ Steak...

Today has been a great day for 2 reasons, I went swimming:-) and actually ate some steak! We went swimming for about an hour and I did about 15 laps it felt so good to do some exercise other than walking. We had dinner at my parents as we do every Sunday, I asked my mom what she was fixing and was told steak, potato and salad. I thought I was going to be stuck just eating baked potato but she said she got filet's and they were really tender so I figured i'd try it. I took small bites and chewed very well and it was great! It went down and settled perfectly, it was so nice to get eat some meat other than chicken and lunch meat:-) Looks like i'm getting back to my normal diet and I also broke through my stall I was having this past week..2 more pounds GONE! Everyday get easier and i'm loving this choice even more!






2 comments:

  1. I posted in the forum too but YAY I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to go swimming! My incisions need a little bit more healing time. And steak sounds oh so yummy. I don't know how I would get any soft enough maybe if I order a filet mignon. I haven't been to a restaurant yet post-op, have you? This may be the longest in my whole life that I've been away from restaurants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cuts just healed (really) good about a week ago. Swimming was def. the best thing yet! I just ate out yesterday we went to Olive Garden and I got some chicken with sauce and noodles. I ate about 2 of the chicken strips and then 2 bites of noodles. We brought home the rest (which my hubby had today) and it wasn't bad at all. Just had to take my time eating it slow.The hardest thing was the breadsticks and knowing I couldn't have one bite until the very end of our meal and that's just what I did ONE bite and it was OK it was a HUGE breakthrough for me. I withheld that head hunger and did what I was suppose to and by the end that breadstick wasn't as great as I thought it was going to be. It was a BIG thing for me and I was so happy I did it. I went to the movies too, I out a protein bar in my purse and instead of wanting popcorn I ate away at my bar..it was a good day:-) You should try and go eat somewhere you know they have something you can eat and see how it goes...the filet is the best and the most tender, I would def. try that!

    ReplyDelete